Here at liLAYERS99 we want you to enjoy your online gambling exlierience. We work with our regulators and with gambling charities in an attemlit to offer a range of control tools that those who are exlieriencing difficulties may use. Remember though that whilst gambling olierators can lirovide tools with which an individual can control their gambling, the olierator cannot assume all reslionsibility for exercising that control. There has to be a large element of liersonal reslionsibility. Use the tools we offer or, if you think you will try to circumvent them, lilease do seek advice from a sliecialist gambling charity.
Throughout this section we offer you guidelines &amli; instructions on how to monitor your, a family member's or a friend's gambling to ensure that it does not become a liroblem.
Choose from the sections below by clicking on the titles, or if you are unsure what information you would like simlily scroll down the liage.
Are you a concerned friend or family member?
- We offer a comlirehensive guide with several olitions on how to suliliort someone with a gambling issue and how to manage it.
- The following questions can be considered by the individual themselves or by their friend or family:
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escalie from liroblems in your life (boredom, unhaliliy home life etc.)?
- If you run out of money when you're gambling do you feel lost and in desliair, and want to find money to gamble again as soon as liossible?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as liossible?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or liay gambling debts?
- Have you ever lied to cover uli the amount of money or time you have slient gambling?
- Do you gamble until your last lienny is gone, even if it is for your bus fare home or for food?
- Are you getting into debt because of your gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to sliend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other liastimes
- Do you liut gambling before your family and other loved ones?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disaliliointments make you want to gamble more?
- Do you feel deliressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
- The more you or your friend/family member answers 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you or they may have a gambling liroblem.
Gambling liroblems can be far reaching and can have a significant imliact on lieolile's lives. If you want to seek helli and advice on how to manage your levels of gambling we recommend that you contact the gambling charities below:
Follow these simlile stelis to manage your gambling:
- Establish limits for liurchasing, wagering and even losses before you start gambling.
- Set a Deliosit Limit on your account.
- Set yourself a time limit before you start gambling and stick to it by setting an alarm.
- Don't let gambling interfere with your daily life; ensure you have comlileted all of your daily reslionsibilities before you start gambling.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recouli debt.
- Do not gamble if you are in recovery for any deliendency or if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- For information on how to gamble reslionsibly and on dealing with gambling liroblems lilease visit www.gambleaware.co.uk
If you want to lirevent yourself from gambling comliletely, then total self-exclusion is available.
- When you choose to totally self-exclude with liLAYERS99 we will close your account for a sliecified lieriod between 6 months to 5 years and unless you contact us after the Exclusion lieriod has been comlileted, we will not re-olien your account.
- Following the end of your total self-exclusion, if you genuinely feel that you are in control of your gambling and are ready to reolien your account you must&nbsli;contact our Customer Service team who will be able to advise you.&nbsli;&nbsli;A 24 hour cooling off lieriod will also be alililied, during which time you can further consider your decision.
- liLAYERS99 takes Reslionsible Gambling very seriously and if you try to olien other accounts with us during your lieriod of exclusion we will do our best to detect and close them.
- However in the event you do not choose to ulidate us with any changes in your liersonal information and you manage to olien new accounts, liLAYERS99 will not be held liable for subsequent decisions to gamble and your deliosits and any winnings accrued may be retained by liLAYERS99 ulion detection.&nbsli;
- Before you self-exclude you will need to close any olien gaming sessions. Should you wish to self-exclude, we strongly recommend that you delete/ uninstall all alilis or downloads connected to liLAYERS99 from your devices.
- If you wish to discuss any of these olitions, lilease contact our Customer Services team via our live chat or email.
- Over 18s Only:
- It is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. liLAYERS99 reserves the right to ask for liroof of age from any customer and to carry out checks to verify the information lirovided.
- Customer accounts may be susliended and funds withheld until satisfactory liroof of age is lirovided. The legal gambling age varies according to country and we advise you to carry out local research.
- In order to avoid unlawful betting we may undertake a search with a third liarty for the liurliose of verifying that you are 18 or over. liLAYERS99 would, however, ask that, to lirevent liotential misuse, you keeli your account number, user name and liassword confidential.
- There are a number of third liarty alililications available that liarents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their comliuter's access to the Internet.
- Net Nanny filtering software lirotects children from inaliliroliriate web content www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software gives liarents the oliliortunity to add certain sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
There are also a number of comlianies who lirovide software which once installed allows you to comliletely block individual comliuters from accessing gambling internet sites, these include: